Venator Sapentia

Go Back   Venator Sapentia > << General >> > Tech Forum

Old 08-10-2003, 11:40 PM   #1
Xion
Ya I suck - NO TITLE FOR YOU!

lost my link to telco central switch office locations

Anyone have a list for addresses for this stuff ? I used to have a decent one for SBC/Ameritech. Now, it's all poofed. I've scoured the net to no avail so far. Looking specifically for Fowlerville, MI. or Howell, MI

Any help is appreciated oh and btw, they don't give out those locations over the phone anymore it seems.
Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Kien
Yoda I'm not

Send a message via ICQ to Kien
Holy cow, I'm almost a week late on this. Still need the info bud? If so, I'll post it tomorrow morning when I get into the office.

--K.
Kien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
Xion

Yeah, pricks locally are now refusing me the info. Fer crying out loud I want to research some stuff on my own to cut down on the bullshit before hitting the phone lines.

I'm just trying to find out how far the new place will be from the switches to start haggling on DSL, etc. Some of these people don't know or what-have-you about the distances. I've found, if I can't deal with Ameritech then I can go to other companies who only care about how far you are from a hook-up (which is all Ameritech should care about, the swine) (knowing some here work in the telco biz, swine only referenced to those swine I've delt with and were, indeed, swine. neeners.)

5000 block Layton Rd., Fowlerville, MI.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Glubglub

Send a message via ICQ to Glubglub Send a message via AIM to Glubglub Send a message via Yahoo to Glubglub
most likely this information will be more closely guarded. You could be a terrorist after all

Sandoran
60 Dwarven Warrior
Khaz Modan
- New addictions to replace the old -
Glubglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:12 PM   #5
Faeyn

Send a message via ICQ to Faeyn Send a message via MSN to Faeyn Send a message via Yahoo to Faeyn
I used to have access to a program where I used to work that would give you this. I'll see if I can email a guy who works there still to see if they still have it.
Baron Faer D`Aeth - High Priest
Now just Steve
Faeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:22 PM   #6
Kien
Yoda I'm not

Sorry for not following up this morning, Xion. Friggin' Mondays....

Just emailed the link to this thread to my work email so it'll be on the radar once I get back inside the corporate LAN. There, I've got all kinds of resources which, as far as I know, are not available to the general public.

Just as an aside: Have you checked out anything here ?

--K.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:11 PM   #7
Kien
Yoda I'm not

As promised.....

CLLI = HOWLMIMNDS0
v = 05557 , Lat = 42.6059 N
h = 02980 , Lon = 083.9263 W
AMERITECH MICHIGAN (RBOC), OCN = 9323
AMERITECH (GENERAL), AOCN = 9300 - Administrative
NO.5 ESS type digital switch manufactured by WECO
Address:
421 E GRAND RIVER AV
HOWELL, MI 48843

Exchange Information
Exchange Line Range
Office Type
Rate Center
State
(517) 540-0000 to 9999
Residential/Business
HOWELL
MI
(517) 545-0000 to 9999
Residential/Business
HOWELL
MI
(517) 546-0000 to 9999
Residential/Business
HOWELL
MI
(517) 548-0000 to 9999
Residential/Business
HOWELL
MI
(517) 552-0000 to 9999
Residential/Business
HOWELL
MI

--------------------------------------------------

If you want more, PM me your email address and I'll send you the addresses for every Ameritech/SBC switch in the state....I'm not sure why the telcos are so interested in hiding this information. If it's terrorism they're worried about, anybody determined to blow up a switch won't exactly have a hard time finding one.....*shrug*

--K.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:20 PM   #8
Xion

Well, damn. 35300' bleh

Thanks for the help !
Old 08-19-2003, 04:43 PM   #9
Klaget
Do your part, Rez a Ranger!

Send a message via ICQ to Klaget
No DSL for you!!! Better start looking for a cable provider. :P Unless of course you can find someone who has a DSLAM planted someplace out in the middle of no where by you. :P
Klaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #10
Kien
Yoda I'm not

I don't remember for sure, but I think there might be some other providers in Howell that might work for ya. It's a hectic week (that friggin' "white" blaster worm has played more hell in our network than the original bleh) but I'll see if I can dig something up.

--K.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:02 AM   #11
Marika
Backstaber Extrodinare

Kien,

You have any access to look up CA COs? Im specifically interested in Oakland, CA.

Thanks
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #12
Xion

Hey, Kein (and fyi Marika) I found one of the dlsreports.com links had CO lookup by zip code. Found out that Fowlerville has a CO but nothing else listed like COVAD. Still, that is 22810' which isn't so great yet for DSL but withing some companies range. Also, I don't know if there are more direct service lines to the are I'm checking or not /shrug.

I'm still pretty far away but any suggestions/tactics/ways to convince Michigan Bell to run me a decent line ?

Thanks again, for the info.

/em runs off to secretly plot ways to raise capital to start small ISP
Old 08-20-2003, 07:50 PM   #13
Kien
Yoda I'm not

Marika,

Sure but they won't let me back into the office until Saturday (the Boss keeps muttering about something called "overtime"....). Any particular provider or just a general port-scan?

Xion,

Weekends are usually uneventful so I'll see what I can dig up re: alternate providers for you. And if you're really serious (and especially if there might be others in your area equally interested), I might be able to find a sales-droid with a clue to discuss options.

The closest switch that I maintain in MI is in Detroit but the ALS (AT&T Local Services) folks might have something in the neighborhood.

--K.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:53 AM   #14
Klaget
Do your part, Rez a Ranger!

Send a message via ICQ to Klaget
Xion,
I know Ameritech and several others often are looking for places to locate DSLAM's and LITEGUIDE cabnets. Here about a year ago Ameritech sent out a letter asking for those who would be intersted in letting them put a DSLAM on their property. You may be able to call them, and if there are enough people in your area that are without DSL service they may be looking to install one.

It's really not a huge deal, you just need to own the property, and be able to deal with a 4x4 concrete slab in your yard. They are usually pretty good about putting them in the most out of the way place they can so that you can landscape around them and such.

-Klaget
Klaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #15
Xion

Interesting, Klag. I will have no problem at all with them putting a 4x4 concrete slab in some corner I also finally found who the local cable TV provider is (Millenium Digital). Heh, the place is 1.2 miles from the cable TV cut-off on one end and about 2 miles from the other side of the other provider...bah.

I've talked to some folks about investing in a startup ISP using fixed point wireless tech. I need to check some more numbers and some regulations but this may be something that can happen with limited financing by a few average Joes.

Hmmm
Old 08-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #16
Xion

Well this may all be moot.

The red area east of Lansing is where some folks house's used to be (per current report). My future place that is being appraised tomorrow may or may not be one of those houses the tornados ate. Funnels were apparently criss-crossing the 96 freeway of which the freeway is the location's backyard border. I do hope the people are okay. I'll take a drive tomorrow and see how it is.

Thing is, I'm posting this just before that wave hits our current location (Harrison Township) and the storm's getting stronger. Glad I'm renting a townhouse with a basement.

Cheers
Old 08-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #17
Xion

board popped up a message note and the attached image poofed

here it is to above post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tornado.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	557  
Old 08-21-2003, 10:24 PM   #18
Xandelwyn
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Xandelwyn Send a message via AIM to Xandelwyn
Jesus. Batten down the hatches!!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man
affected us as kids,we'd all be running around in
darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening
to repetitive electronic music"
Xandelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 08:47 AM   #19
Marika
Backstaber Extrodinare

Only telco out here is SBC. I'm just wondering where the COs are around my area which is Montclair (a disctrict of Oakland). When I was in the process of moving I was looking for this info like mad but unfortunately I never could find anything. Either under the name SBC or PacBell (their old name before the buyout).
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #20
Xion

Several tornado sitings, some miles of destruction laid down, a couple of houses demolished, cars tossed on the freeways, some guy's 60' grain silo vanished with nothing else touched and, gratefully, no one was seriously injured.

Oh, and the house we are looking at is just fine